About Me

My photo
Boulder, CO, United States
From Minnesota to Maine to the sunny land of Boulder, CO, I have been competing as an athlete all my life and been working as massage therapist for six years now. Helping athletes with greater recovery, bounce back from injury faster, and helping one's body perform at it's best is what I aim to do. My love for sport, training and helping a body feel good and perform at it's best has driven me into a career in massage therapy. I strive for nothing less than the best...let me help you reach greater heights.

Monday, January 17, 2011

A small tribute to a wonderful Grandfather,




After enjoying cheering on our MWSC Nordic athletes at nationals for a day or two I had an unexpected event happen in my family. My grandfather, “Bucko”, died after 93 years of a very active, healthy life.
When asked when the last time he went to the doctor Bucko would tell you February, 15th 1917, the day he was born. He lived a healthy and long life, enjoying showing off on the rink, skating circles around everyone in his old long blade speed skates. In the summer months he was often helping my grandma work in the garden or out on the golf course. He even managed to get a round or two in this past summer and fall.
At around 5’3” he was a small guy with great fire. I am so thankful to have had in my life for so long. Both he and my grandmother were the most supportive and loving Grandparents anyone could ever ask for. My last visit with him this past December my grandpa asked how my racing was going, as he did every time I talked with him. I told him it was well and I was working hard to keep improving and making the next step up in my racing career. I promised him I would make him proud and I intend to hold to that.
After finding out about his death I left X-C Nationals a couples days early to go back to Minnesota to be with my family for a while. I was sad to miss the last day of racing and disappointed to have missed out on all the fun at the Fast and Female event following. On the other hand I am so thankful I was able to meet up, even for a short while, with all 13 of my cousins and all of their 16 children. We had a wonderful gathering of friends and family to celebrate my grandfathers life.

I’d like to thank all those with MWSC and everyone else that was accommodating to my last minute schedule change. I can’t tell you how much it means to me.
As always, thanks for checking,
BethAnn

No comments:

Post a Comment