About Me

My photo
Boulder, CO, United States
From Minnesota to Maine to the sunny land of Boulder, CO, I have been competing as an athlete all my life and been working as massage therapist for six years now. Helping athletes with greater recovery, bounce back from injury faster, and helping one's body perform at it's best is what I aim to do. My love for sport, training and helping a body feel good and perform at it's best has driven me into a career in massage therapy. I strive for nothing less than the best...let me help you reach greater heights.

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

On the move again



We made it. The past week we have been traveling a bit in our little RV. And it has been treating us well.
This past weekend we didn't have any biathlon races to do so we decided to mix things up a bit and jump into Germany's biggest Nordic race of the year. It is a marathon race called the Konig Ludwig Lauf. There was a 21km option that we all chose. After looking at my training and racing schedule for the weeks ahead I decided I would save some of my energy and try touring for a day. So that is what I did. And while I felt my competitive side twitch a time or two and defiantly picked things up towards the end, I enjoyed my "easy" ski with a few thousand Germans around me.
Our afternoon recovery workout for that day consisted of a little different kind of training. We hiked up a long winding road to the Neuschwanstein castle. It was my first castle tour and I was pretty impressed by it.
Since then we have moved on to settle down in Rupholding, where we will race again this coming weekend. The weather has held out for us so far with more sunny days and pretty warm temperatures. It's been great to check out the changes in the trails they have done here in preparation for World Championships to be held here next winter. They actually have a sign in downtown counting down the days to their start next March.
The next few days will consist of normal prerace training, which keeps the days busy. Looking forward to putting that race bib on again at the end of the week.
More to come soon.....
BethAnn









No comments:

Post a Comment