About Me

My photo
Boulder, CO, United States
From Minnesota to Maine to the sunny land of Boulder, CO, I have been competing as an athlete all my life and been working as massage therapist for six years now. Helping athletes with greater recovery, bounce back from injury faster, and helping one's body perform at it's best is what I aim to do. My love for sport, training and helping a body feel good and perform at it's best has driven me into a career in massage therapy. I strive for nothing less than the best...let me help you reach greater heights.

Saturday, August 7, 2010

A character builder


I did it! I started and completed my first mountain bike race. I can't say I plan on doing another for quite some time but I at least now have one under my belt.
Last Sunday Nordic Heritage Center put on an awesome weekend of mountain biking fun. I am not much of a mountain biker and despite having run on the single track trails at NHC many, many times, I hadn't ever actually mountain biked on them. I am not sure it was the best decision to make my first trip out onto the trails during a race. But then again I am not sure you could call it a race, at least for me. There was a lot of stopping and starting, getting on and off the bike, (not always voluntarily) and pretty slow maneuvering through some of the more technical areas of the course.
I will be the first to admit, there were many moments of frustration throughout the morning, but I did finish it and was still in one piece when I did. I consider that a success for this year. I still haven't decided whether I will do the race again next year. I figure I have some time to forget some of my struggles from this year's race before I have to make that decision again! :)
Stay tuned for more updates from our camp in Jericho, VT!
Cheers, BethAnn

No comments:

Post a Comment