About Me

My photo
Boulder, CO, United States
From Minnesota to Maine to the sunny land of Boulder, CO, I have been competing as an athlete all my life and been working as massage therapist for six years now. Helping athletes with greater recovery, bounce back from injury faster, and helping one's body perform at it's best is what I aim to do. My love for sport, training and helping a body feel good and perform at it's best has driven me into a career in massage therapy. I strive for nothing less than the best...let me help you reach greater heights.

Saturday, April 9, 2011

New Adventures for a worn out shoe


Earth day is just around the corner, April 22nd. I love that this day falls in the spring since that is often when I am cleaning out all the worn out or otherwise useless items I collected over the year. And living in a 650 square foot space does not leave a lot of room for items that serve no purpose.

As an athlete, there is no getting around all the gear that goes along with training and racing all year. It also means I go through a great deal of running shoes and other equipment during my many hours of training. As much as I love having a pile of muddy, most often smelly, shoes taking up more space that I don't have, I have found a much better home for my old beaten up foot ware. Nike's Reuse a Shoe program is one of the best programs I have found. They take any sport shoe that doesn't have metal on it, (sorry, no cleats allowed). Don't worry about the brand, they will take anything. Check out the link below and look up the closest drop off point. They are often found at Nike stores. Throw all your shoes in bag and drop them off at the store. They will then be broken down and used to help make new track surfaces, tennis courts, playground flooring or even new Nike products. It sure beats throwing them all into the land fill.


http://www.nikereuseashoe.com/where-it-goes/recycling-processashoe.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment