About Me

My photo
Boulder, CO, United States
From Minnesota to Maine to the sunny land of Boulder, CO, I have been competing as an athlete all my life and been working as massage therapist for six years now. Helping athletes with greater recovery, bounce back from injury faster, and helping one's body perform at it's best is what I aim to do. My love for sport, training and helping a body feel good and perform at it's best has driven me into a career in massage therapy. I strive for nothing less than the best...let me help you reach greater heights.

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

A seasons end


Another racing season has come to an end. They always seem to go by so quickly. I now find myself back in Caribou catching up on projects I have been putting off since last spring.
A a winter athlete, the spring time is a great time to relax a bit and let your body rest. I find this harder than it probably should be. The spring is also the perfect time to look back on the past training and racing season and do a good evaluation. What was good, what wasn't, did you reach your goals, if so why not; the questions seem endless. I also find many of these questions and other like them to be quite challenging to answer honestly.
Quite frankly, I didn't reach many of the goals I set out for myself this past season. Why did I come up short? I think there are a number of factors. And I am still sorting through them all. I will say balancing things in my life better will help me become better at everything I do. At this point in the game, it doesn't do me much good to beat myself up about any of my short comings this past season. What I can do is learn from this year and make the necessary changes to make sure I reach my goals in the year ahead. I still have a great deal of number crunching, brain storming and evaluating to do to make sure I start the 2011-12 season off right. But for now I am going to give my body and mind a little longer break from all that.
Spring, summer, Fall and of course winter; it's all been busy and filled with adventure after adventure. The good, bad and the ugly all made their own appearances. I am now working on my plan to keep the bad and ugly out of the game in the year ahead. Wish me luck.

cheers, BethAnn



No comments:

Post a Comment