About Me

My photo
Boulder, CO, United States
From Minnesota to Maine to the sunny land of Boulder, CO, I have been competing as an athlete all my life and been working as massage therapist for six years now. Helping athletes with greater recovery, bounce back from injury faster, and helping one's body perform at it's best is what I aim to do. My love for sport, training and helping a body feel good and perform at it's best has driven me into a career in massage therapy. I strive for nothing less than the best...let me help you reach greater heights.

Friday, September 9, 2011

a little scenery from the last few weeks...

The past few weeks I have enjoyed getting back into training here in Northern Maine. Here are few photos to sum up what I have been up to. Starting with the photo above, David and I were lucky enough to enjoy beautiful few days spent up on Madawaska Lake. Waking up to this view could never get old. A passing few shots on a great road ride through the area....
...happily sporting my new Icebreaker cycling gear. Merino wool keeping me comfy, cool and even smelling nice, can't go wrong.
I had a great time out at NHC helping out our next great American biathlete! Very nice shooting Anna!
With Hurricane Irene breathing down our neck, the Fourth Annual Harvest Classic bike race was postponed to Labor Day. Unfortunately we didn't have any better of weather on our rescheduled date. Our numbers were pretty low but we had a handful of awesome, tough riders that made the event. All and all a good day. The Harvest Classic is a bike race that my husband David started four years ago now. It is a forty mile bike race and a 20 mile tour that loops around the rolling hills of Caribou, Perham and Woodland. It covers some of my favorite roads to ride and rollerski on.
Our two lone female participates split the prize money as they crossed the finish line in a photo finish. Two awesome, tough women really gettin' it done.
David and I went over and cheered on the younger runners of The County at the middle school Cross Country Running race. It was a nice cool Fall kind of day and brought back all kinds of great memories of my Cross Country running days. It was fun to see so many enthusiastic young runners from the area.
And then the strength testing....ouch! Glad to have that one done. Only one more day of testing this week....Mars Hill run. :)
More from the trail again soon....cheers, BA .

No comments:

Post a Comment