About Me

My photo
Boulder, CO, United States
From Minnesota to Maine to the sunny land of Boulder, CO, I have been competing as an athlete all my life and been working as massage therapist for six years now. Helping athletes with greater recovery, bounce back from injury faster, and helping one's body perform at it's best is what I aim to do. My love for sport, training and helping a body feel good and perform at it's best has driven me into a career in massage therapy. I strive for nothing less than the best...let me help you reach greater heights.

Monday, July 19, 2010

Not your average Tour



While most people are following "The Tour" going on in France this time of year, our small group of crazy, fun Nordic skiers and biathletes headed out Sunday afternoon on a tour of our own. It was the 9th annual Tour of Stockholm, brought to us by the one and only Will Sweetser. For those of you who are familiar with the event, it is a day of mixed distance training, ie: running, rollerskiing, biking, paddling and often bushwhacking.
Every year I have participated, I havehttp://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gif had a blast. It is always an adventure. You can usually anticipate some kind of detour, (last year it was a two hour detour through the woods/swamp with my mountain bike on my shoulder and about 10,000 horse flies swarming my head!), or unexpected hiccup to occur at some point throughout 4-6 hour tour.
I would say on average this year was fairly mellow. Please don't take this the wrong way, mellow is a very, very good thing in this case! Besides taking a good tumble up and over my handlebars on my mountain bike, I'd say it was pretty smooth sailing.

Many thanks to Will for organizing the event! Great time had by all. Hope you enjoy the few pictures I captured a different points during the day.

Cheers to the many adventures yet to come!
-BA








No comments:

Post a Comment