About Me

My photo
Boulder, CO, United States
From Minnesota to Maine to the sunny land of Boulder, CO, I have been competing as an athlete all my life and been working as massage therapist for six years now. Helping athletes with greater recovery, bounce back from injury faster, and helping one's body perform at it's best is what I aim to do. My love for sport, training and helping a body feel good and perform at it's best has driven me into a career in massage therapy. I strive for nothing less than the best...let me help you reach greater heights.

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

FROST!


I have only lived in Northern Maine for around five years but even I know that getting the first frost of the year on the third of October is NOT normal. But let me make this clear...I am not complaining. There are more tomatoes then ever from the Chamberlain Families garden! Despite a good stretch of rain and wind last week, we've had a beautiful Fall.
I have continued to make the most out of it spending all the free time I can in the kichen. My cooking and baking list so far includes: Pumpkin cookies, bread and soup, carrot soup, apple sauce, tomato sauce, zucchini-lemon muffins, roasted beets and carrots and lots and lots of pesto! MMMM there will be a lot of good eatin' at my house for a while.
Last week was a kind of low/recovery week for me. It was well planned since it was pretty dreary and wet for a number of days in a row. I wasn't afraid of being creative on those days when the weather was so very NOT inspiring.... Training with high winds, cold temps. , hard rain or darkness, no matter. Nothing a good spin bike and Netflix on-demand viewing can't fix. I wouldn't recommend this on a regular basis but on occasion...it's pretty nice.
Today would not be one of those days however. I woke up and had to pull out the old Toko scrapper out of my glove box to scrape a heave frost off my windshield. (Yes I do actually use a ski scraper to scrap my car window, works quite well actually and ever breaks!) Once the sun finally did come up, it has warmed everything up nicely and it has turned out to be one of those picture perfect Fall days. The trees in near peak foliage and the air just cool enough to wear a sweater, but not cold enough to need anything else. I am off to go and dig out the rest of my ski tights and hats for the colder season ahead! Raking leaves today....making snowmen tomorrow!?! I can always dream!
Cheers, BA
A few shots from my adventures in the kitchen and garden.




No comments:

Post a Comment