About Me

My photo
Boulder, CO, United States
From Minnesota to Maine to the sunny land of Boulder, CO, I have been competing as an athlete all my life and been working as massage therapist for six years now. Helping athletes with greater recovery, bounce back from injury faster, and helping one's body perform at it's best is what I aim to do. My love for sport, training and helping a body feel good and perform at it's best has driven me into a career in massage therapy. I strive for nothing less than the best...let me help you reach greater heights.

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Sugarloaf







We are about a week into our Sugarloaf training camp here in Western Maine. After two rainy days early in the week, we have lucked out with some great weather. It is a volume week for me and I couldn't think of a better place to get a good amount of training in. My days generally run something like this:
7:00 am morning run and stretch
7:30 breakfast
8:30 or 9:00 morning workout
lunch
nap, read, knit, other work, oh and snack :)
3:30 or 4:00 start afternoon workout
6:00 dinner
rest, nap, dryfire, stretch, watch ski video, knit ect.
I love the simplicity of life while at training camp! :) We aren't doing any shooting at this camp, so that gives us a lot more time to work on other things with our skiing and rest a bit more as well.
Today may have been one of my favorite days of the week. We hiked up Mount Abram and down and over to Sugarloaf. This is closely follow by yesterday's uphill interval session. Five minutes uphill at race pace is my kind of workout! A bit of a lung burner at times but felt good and was really happy with how it turned out.
We only have a couple days left here before I head back North. I am contemplating doing a sunrise hike to the top of one of the peaks around this area. No guarantees, but an idea I am playing around with at this point.
Many photos below from adventures in training this week!
Enjoy, BA

Hilary crushing it during a bounding workout up Sugarloaf. A workout not for the faint hearted.


Here I am enjoying the view from the top of Sugarloaf.



A little group yoga session following a good morning of intensity.




Thanks to the great cooks at CVA for keeping us well fed all week! No starving athletes in this group. :)


Kat and Danni looking pretty in pink during our hike from Mt. Abram to Sugarloaf



I could get use to this view!




Mmm, Mmm good! Blueberries!!





After hiking and running for nearly five hours we were happy to jump on the chair lift down the mountain and call it a day. A fine day at the office if you ask me.

No comments:

Post a Comment