About Me

My photo
Boulder, CO, United States
From Minnesota to Maine to the sunny land of Boulder, CO, I have been competing as an athlete all my life and been working as massage therapist for six years now. Helping athletes with greater recovery, bounce back from injury faster, and helping one's body perform at it's best is what I aim to do. My love for sport, training and helping a body feel good and perform at it's best has driven me into a career in massage therapy. I strive for nothing less than the best...let me help you reach greater heights.

Saturday, October 29, 2011

A good day


End of October and into November can often bring less then ideal weather for biathlon training.  Mid thirties and rain is what I often anticipate.  And if you haven't ever done it yourself, take my word for it, lying down on a cold, soaking wet mat to shoot is not the most enjoyable activity.  But it comes with the territory of being a biathlete.  The fewer days like that the better, in my book.


Today was not one of those days.  Today was beautiful, mid-thirties, sunny day.  Oh what a difference a little sun can do.  We had a short time trial up in Fort Kent and I was ever so happy to remember what it feels like to ski hard while at sea level.  It's so easy, or at least it feels that way right now.  Tie all that in with one of my best days on the shooting range and you have yourself a great day!  Even with a little tricky wind, I was in and out of the range fairly quickly and had four good shooting stages.
Things are looking up.  Snow is in the forecast and targets are falling down.

Here's to the many more good days ahead of us.
-cheers, BethAnn

Here are a few additional photos of the range at Nordic Heritage.  Someone did an amazing job repaving the firing line at the range and even taking out a sketchy bump on the rollerloop.  Many thanks to whoever you are!


No comments:

Post a Comment