About Me

My photo
Boulder, CO, United States
From Minnesota to Maine to the sunny land of Boulder, CO, I have been competing as an athlete all my life and been working as massage therapist for six years now. Helping athletes with greater recovery, bounce back from injury faster, and helping one's body perform at it's best is what I aim to do. My love for sport, training and helping a body feel good and perform at it's best has driven me into a career in massage therapy. I strive for nothing less than the best...let me help you reach greater heights.

Thursday, February 18, 2010

A competitive couple



The trouble with having a husband who is also a Nordic racer is, my chances of ever beating him in any sort of physical competition are slim to none. Unless I cheat of course, which I might consider doing next time I am standing at a starting line with him.
Yesterday I had great interval session at Mount Itasca. Blue skies and warm sunny weather made for a great morning. David and I finished our workout with a few head to head sprints. He was classic skiing and I was skating. And he beat me every time. Granted I had just finished intervals and he was only skiing EASY, he won hands down every time. I would have kept challenging him but he seemed to get faster with each one. It seems I have my work cut out for me if I want to beat him on skis EVER!
Thankfully I've got beat on the shooting range! I think that was my mistake with the sprints yesterday. I let him shoot my rifle before doing the sprints. I think this put him into a more competitive mode since he can't put up too much of a fight against me with a rifle. Next time we will sprint first and shoot after!

I'll end this update with an Olympic note, today is the Individual competition for both men and women! Go USA!!! While I was in Lake Placid a few of the other girls and I spent an afternoon making a few posters for our teammates competing in Vancouver. I think they turned out pretty well. They are going to have to do since I don't think my cheering will reach the ears of anyone up in Whistler while I am sitting here in Minnesota! That doesn't mean I won't try. :)

Until next time, ski fast and shoot straight.

-BethAnn


No comments:

Post a Comment