About Me

My photo
Boulder, CO, United States
From Minnesota to Maine to the sunny land of Boulder, CO, I have been competing as an athlete all my life and been working as massage therapist for six years now. Helping athletes with greater recovery, bounce back from injury faster, and helping one's body perform at it's best is what I aim to do. My love for sport, training and helping a body feel good and perform at it's best has driven me into a career in massage therapy. I strive for nothing less than the best...let me help you reach greater heights.

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Weekend race update

This past weekend I left my rifle behind and jumped into a Nordic race in Minneapolis. It was my first Nordic race in over a year, and I could tell. it didn't turn out quite the way I had hoped but I am glad I did it.

The weather held off most of Saturday at Theodore Worth Park in Minneapolis, MN. It was wet and warm but not raining as badly as they had predicted. The course wound around a golf course and park area. It was full of quick transitions and a couple of decent climbs. Five kilometers flew by faster than I realized.

My body felt tired and pretty sore. Perhaps all the travel I did wore me out a bit more than I realized. Regardless, it was a good wake up call for me. Nordic racing is a different ball game from biathlon racing. I am looking forward to getting back into the mindset of a Nordic racer. I think the change and challenge of it all will be good for both my ski and biathlon racing.

This coming weekend I am heading to Telemark, WI for another weekend of Super Tour races. I will have the company of my husband on this trip. I am hoping some of David's classic abilities will rub off on me for the classic race on Saturday.

Happy skiing to you all,

BethAnn

No comments:

Post a Comment