About Me

My photo
Boulder, CO, United States
From Minnesota to Maine to the sunny land of Boulder, CO, I have been competing as an athlete all my life and been working as massage therapist for six years now. Helping athletes with greater recovery, bounce back from injury faster, and helping one's body perform at it's best is what I aim to do. My love for sport, training and helping a body feel good and perform at it's best has driven me into a career in massage therapy. I strive for nothing less than the best...let me help you reach greater heights.

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Good Eatin'


Happy Thanksgiving everyone. I am spending yet another Turkey holiday Canada. While I am not with my family, I will be able to enjoy the day with my teammates. We plan on all pitching in to make a Thanksgiving feast we can all enjoy.
While traveling for training camps and races in North America, we generally do all the cooking ourselves. We split up the cooking duties with different pairs of people cooking and cleaning every night. And I must say, I think we do a darn good job. Good health, nutritious and delicious meals play an important role for athletes. We need to make sure we are recovering well after workouts and refueling to make sure we have the strength to get out there and work hard for our next workouts that lie ahead. There is always something to be preparing for.
One of my favorite meal contributions I have started to do regularly is to make bread for the team. I am very thankful this Thanksgiving holiday for this bread recipe that I received from my father-in-law. The recipe originally comes from his father, so that would make it David's grandfather, Geoff Chamberlain's original recipe for Oatmeal bread. It has been well received by everyone on the team so I would like to take this opportunity to share it all with you.
Mr. C’s Oatmeal Bread

Boiling water 2 cups
Molasses ½ cup
Salt 2 tsp
Butter 1 tbs
Yeast 1 pkg
Rolled oats 1 cup
White flour 5 cups

Add boiling water to rolled oats. Let stand 1 hour. Combine
Molasses, butter, yeast, and flour. Beat thoroughly. Let rise
land beat again. Turn into buttered bread pans
and let rise again. Then bake.

First rise almost 2 hours at temp. 75 – 80 F. Bake at 400 F.
for the first 15 min. then 350 F. for 25 min. or until the loaves
shrink from the sides of the pans. Makes two (2) loaves.
Don’t forget to proof the yeast. The rolled oats are the
old fashioned kind.

I am looking forward to sharing more heart healthy and delicious recipes with you all, so stay tuned for more.
Until then, happy baking and skiing to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment