About Me

My photo
Boulder, CO, United States
From Minnesota to Maine to the sunny land of Boulder, CO, I have been competing as an athlete all my life and been working as massage therapist for six years now. Helping athletes with greater recovery, bounce back from injury faster, and helping one's body perform at it's best is what I aim to do. My love for sport, training and helping a body feel good and perform at it's best has driven me into a career in massage therapy. I strive for nothing less than the best...let me help you reach greater heights.

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Working out the kinks



Yesterday was the official season opener! Cooler temperatures shocked everyone's systems a bit while we all unwillingly pealed our layers off as we each pulled up to the start line. It was a sprint race. U.S. biathlon put on the race, as it is a trials race for the December World Cup and IBU Cup teams. We were happy to add some international competition to the field however with some Canadians and even a New Zealand racer!
I had a mix of low points and high points during the race. I had a few more misses than I would have liked and don't feel I am quite at the top of my game yet skiing. I was able to stay relaxed skiing and had a pretty good mental game while I was out there. So while the results sheet doesn't show what I wanted, I feel confident that with a few corrections here and there it will in time.
Due to snow conditions our second trial race has shifted from today to Thursday. This gives the folks up at the Canmore Nordic Center an extra day to make snow and push it out on course. Hat's off to all of those workers who are getting this job done. They have done an amazing job! Many many thanks to all of them.

Here are a few more photos from the past few days.

It's wonderful to be able to travel, race and train with such amazing friends.
I haven't seen this name on skis in a wax room for quite some time. Congrats to Chad for becoming a father for the second time over this week!

This a shot of the view out our door yesterday morning. I was like a little kid in a candy store when I saw REAL snow on the ground when I woke up.

The trails up here at Canmore Nordic Center are being used by all! You have to appreciate places like this and people like this one here in this photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment